Responsible Tourism is all about the places, the people and the sailing. Without all of these, we couldn’t be sustainable in the areas in which we operate and one of our key objectives is to make as little impact on the environment and local communities as possible. Of course there is inevitably some effect but by using local labour and suppliers, biodegradable cleaning products and innovative products (solar torches, solar panels and LED lighting to name a few), we aim to make this a positive one. With careful management and innovative products, we believe that we can keep these amazing destinations pristine for generations to come.
Here are just a few examples of what we have achieved so far:
- The £10 million development of our base in Tortola
- Use of biodegradable cleaning products eg Ecover
- Even better working relationships with local communities to minimise our impact
- Increased focus to ensure our suppliers are operating in a sustainable and responsible way
- Reduction of our carbon footprint at our bases and sales offices
- We built an award-winning LEED certified office in Clearwater, Florida
- We have funded environmental impact research in St Vincent
- We specify the inclusion of holding tanks
- We pioneered the use of environmentally correct fouling
To find out more about what we are doing in each of our destinations, look out for our Responsible Tourism logo or click on our fleet pages to see why the latest boats in our fleet are the most environmentally friendly to date. And of course the wind is carbon neutral, so even while travelling, you don’t have to be polluting!